|About Us: Paypal Verified, eBay PowerSeller Rewards|
| ||We are US based stock supplier of pro pet fish stores through out the states, providing great alternatives of price gouging oem cartridges.
We have overwhelmingly positive feedback - all about carbon pad, the only item we sell here.
Our aquarium specialist on board is ready to answer any questions about the pads.|
|Shipping (free, daily):|
| ||Ship to all 50 US States and Overseas Territories, including: AK, AS, FM, GU, HI, MH, MP, PW, PR, VI.|
Will ship the next day, excluding holidays & weekends. Most buyers will receive items within 3~5 days.
Contact us for APO/FPO. Sorry no international addresses.
| ||In the very unlikely event that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase (for any reason, no questions asked),
simply contact us and then return your order (return postage to be paid by buyer).
Once we receive your returned order we will be happy to refund promptly.
Our returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.|
|Extreme 10-10-1-1 Test (10-fish,10-day,1 gallon,1 pad)|
| ||100% safe & pass test (no other manufacturer has):|
1. 1-gallon tank with 10 feeder guppies (tiny to normal).
2. Cut whole pad (no rinse) into pieces directly into tank.
3. Squeeze, stir, and wait for 10 days (feed fish as usual).
4. No fish loss. Fish enjoys pad strips for hidding as if it were water plant.
|Why aquarium tank water becomes cloudy?|
| ||1. Please note, neither our pad, nor the oem cartridge will make your tank cloudy. |
2. If you google "cloudy tank water", you'll find hundreds of great answers:
3. Just wait: Don't empty or replace the tank water.
4. It should disappear in a few days and is not harmful to the fish.
|Why filter gets clogged?|
| ||1. Do you have substrate? If no, you do need it. If yes, is it well graded? |
2. The filter may be too powerful. It may disturb the particles out of the substrate.
3. The water head between filter outlet and water level is too big. Try to raise the water level.
Filter pad should be changed every 3-4 weeks or sooner depending on tank setting and fish load.
Our "Flossing" pad does have a much better filtering capacity vs. stock cartridge.
It can catch the particles that stock cartridge canít, thus makes tank much clearer.
Did you disturb the tank recently?
The "disturb" here includes replanting, cleaning, and water changing (pouring water in too hard) etc.
Contrary to the claims of filter manufacturers, the substrate plays a more crucial role in keeping the water crystal clear.
The waste from fish gets disturbed repeatedly either by fish or over powerful filter system,
and becomes finer and finer. A good graded substrate can keep/hold them on the bottom of the tank.
It is also the perfect place for benefit bacteria to reside and thrive.
The "substrate" is the key - you are not cleaning the tank with filter.
The best role for filter is to break the foaming on the surface of the tank that blocks the exchange of O2 etc.
|Why are there foamy bubbles on the water surface?|
| ||Over feeding.
If you google "fish tank bubbling", you'll find lots of answers (over feeding is the No.1 reason of all), but none is about filter, either our pad or OEM's.|
1. Water Imbalance: Bring in beneficial (nitrifying) bacteria from established tank ("tank cycle" may take a month).
2. Clean gravel thoroughly, feed less, raise water level.
3. Avoid: Ich medications, pH corrector, or clarity product.
4. Treatment: Aquarium salt, water conditioner, quick cure.
|Will fish eat the black particles, or are they safe?|
| ||Don't worry, they are just carbon, 100% safe, and certainly won't clog or break your filter.
Please check the "Extreme 10-10-1-1 Test" above, or the 4th photo of this listing.
Regarding the carbon particles, they are harmless to fish (actually they donít eat them at all).
We human beings eat a lot carbon from smoked food or BBQs as well.
Imagine in the real world on the bottom of the river or lake, there are all kinds of materials or minerals.
|How often to change filter pad?|
| ||It depends: tank setting, fish, and maintenance etc.
Please check "Filter Clogging", "Cloudy Tank", and "Foamy Bubbles" sections of the listing.
The tank setting includes substrate, water level, plant, and filter power:|
1. Substrate is the key factor here, having or not having makes big difference.
And gravel grading is also important, no sand at least.
2. The "water head" canít be too big, which will cause the waterfall from filter to be too powerful
and stir the sediment out of the substrate.
3. A well planted tank tends to be clearer, thus needs less pad changing.
4. To the contrary, an over powerful filter can end up messing up the tank.
Fish: Gold fish, big fish, especially turtle, requires more frequent pad changing.
Over crowded tank will also require more pad changing.
Please make sure no overfeeding, which will attribute many problems.
Once a day is good enough (at most twice a day).
Maintenance: Each time you clean the tank, like walls or filters, you are actually disturb the tank completely.
|How to tell the filter needs to change?|
| ||Itís hard to tell by just looking at the pad or water. |
The carbon in an oem cartridge is even sealed off completely.
The easiest way is changing the pad on a regular bases.
Please look at the 3rd image for the right way to wash the pad.
The more professional way is testing the water, which is our ultimate target and concern.
Youíll find hundreds of products by searching "aquarium water test" on ebay.
But I guarantee, you will forget about it in no time.
|What is the trangle cut on pad?|
| ||It is used to counter the eddy effect between the filter pad (or cartridge) and the front wall,
in which some water body keeps swirling instead of joining the out flowing water.|
For some inexperienced users, it is also a good direction indicator for pad installation,
as the pad is a near square in shape, which may cause confusion when choosing which side goes down first.
|Pad vs. Cartridge Comparison:|
|Comparison||Our Pad||OEM Cartridge|
|Pad vs. Cartridge |
|Pro Grade Material:|
|Save Our Jobs:|
|Smallest foot print|
|100% evenly distributed|
|Pass Extreme Test|
|90-Day (no contract)|
|100% Made In USA|
|Fluffy & torn off rapidly|
|No plastic frames|
|Sagging carbon bag|
|Carbon at bottom only|
|All from overseas|
| ||1. The base material of these pads is high-end, top of the line, not the lower grade material you will find from a regular OEM retail package.
It has the highest carbon content in its category.
It is thicker, denser, and more durable. They are guaranteed to fit and perform perfectly, or your money back.|
2. The material has more activated carbon content per unit area, and especially, long fibers are added.
This composition helps to hold carbon soaked tissue much firmer when aging.
3. Very fine, absorbing fibers are added to catch tiny particles in the water.
4. Activated carbon pads need to be replaced about every 3~4 weeks (depending on water quality and number of fish).
| ||1. This activated carbon foam pad provides much more contact area between carbon and water, thus making it more effective than a traditional "Carbon Pouch".|
2. The unique absorption and structure of the pad fibers can trap and hold much tinier particles and even some of the big molecules.
3. This filtering function is an added benefit besides its original intended purpose.
You donít need to deal with messy/dusty Carbon Pouch anymore. You can change it more often at a much lower cost.
Note: Exhausted activated carbon cannot be "recharged" through baking the "Carbon Pouch" in your home oven.
The temperature and pressure required is way beyond the capacity of a domestic setting.